When people look for reviews on hosting, generally what they are really trying to figure out is ‘Will this hosting be good for me?’
They are trying to avoid a mistake that will cause them a big hassle, lots of money or lost opportunity.
My reviews of hosting are all based on my own experience. Unlike a lot of what you see on the internet, I have actually used the hosting programs that I review and I let you know if my experience was good or bad.
I used Inmotion hosting for about 3 years until I no longer needed it. (Mainly I was getting rid of some affiliate sites that I wasn’t maintaining and a few client sites that I moved off to Namecheap.)
Inmotion hosting is one of the few companies that I thought did everything right.
Here is a short list of why I liked them so much.
1. I was hacked on a few of my sites and they helped me clean it up. They did not shut down my account, nor did they scream for more money to clean it up.
They even showed me things I could do to secure the sites and prevent it from happening again. Which I did and it worked. I was not hacked again.
2. They have superb documentation. As a matter of fact, I believe they have the best documentation in the business. That might not sound that important, but there are times in your ‘tech’ life when it helps tremendously that you can find the answer quickly to fix a problem. The last thing you want to do is spend hours or even days trying to fix some stupid technical problem. Inmotion made it very easy to find and implement some really technical stuff with easy to read documentation.
3. They one time had server issues and the support dude called me up and stayed on the phone with me until the issues were resolved. I fell in love with them then and there.
4. In terms of billing they were very fair and when I cancelled my account they refunded me the pro-rated amount, even though I had passed their cutoff date.
5. When I opened my Inmotion account, SSD drives weren’t all that common for inexpensive plans, but Inmotion had them. My sites increased a lot in speed.
In short, Inmotion hosting is a good company that cares about it’s customers.
In all honesty, I think Inmotion is a bit on the expensive side. That’s not to say they aren’t worth it… they are. But if you want to save money, I think you can find cheaper alternatives.
If you only want to host one or two sites, then they are an excellent choice. Its when you want to host many sites that they can get expensive.
However, you do get what you pay for.
What is important here is that all the plans come with SSD drives. They are much, much faster than ordinary hard drives.
I also like that they have the advanced server caching, php7 and the hacking and malware protection.
I wouldn’t worry too much about their cheapest plan’s traffic approximation. (~20,000 visitors). If you are just starting out, it will take a while for you to get that much traffic consistently on a monthly basis, but even if you do (and I hope you do!), you can easily upgrade to a better plan that would be more suitable for that amount of traffic. And at that point, with that much traffic you should be making a pretty good income from your blog.